“Challenge Yourself or Sponsor a Challenged Athlete”
The Radford Challenge was established as a way to give back to the community. The Radford Challenge will offer workshops, training and sponsorships to help riders of all ages and abilities develop their skills. Whether a rider is part of the high school mountain bike team, a grandma looking for social exercise or an athlete challenged with physical or mental disabilities, The Radford Challenge plans to help them develop a life-long love of sports for fun or racing.
The Radford Challenge takes its name from one of the most challenging and dreaded trails in the San Bernardino Mountains. Even the best riders often find themselves walking their bikes up the Radford Climb, a five mile segment of narrow Forest Service road with a 9% average grade completely exposed to the elements. And yes, it still takes the best of them over an hour to travel the five miles on a mountain bike!
The Radford Challenge activities include:
- Beginning cycling activities, including a beginner course “This is a bike.”
- Bicycle maintenance classes offered as a part of the 20/30k rides of the Big Bear Mountain Bike Gran Fondo.
- Sponsorship opportunities for challenged riders participating in the Big Bear Mountain Bike Gran Fondo event.
- Over 50? We will be scheduling beginner rides for our senior set.
- Women only rides to encourage new riders.
- High school students can join our rides and connect with pro riders for training support.
Are you a challenged athlete needing competitive sponsorship? Let us hear from you! From equipment and cycling kits to race and ride entries, we’ll try to help.
Donate to The Radford Challenge and we’ll begin our quest to share the love of cycling and other sports.
[contact-form subject=’Radford Challenge’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]